At Restoration City, we see church membership as a significant step in our discipleship to Jesus. As a church, we are deeply committed to the work of spiritual formation that lies at the heart of our discipleship to Jesus and we believe that true and lasting spiritual formation occurs in community. When you become a member of Restoration City, you are making an intentional commitment to our community and our community is making an intentional commitment to you and your formation.
Before becoming a member, we want to get to know you and give you space to get to know us. So, our membership process consists of two simple steps:
- Participation in one of our New Member Weekends.
- A conversation with one of our pastors/elders.
New Member Weekends
Our new member weekends are designed to give you a solid overview of who we are as a church, contribute to your spiritual formation, and allow you to get to know our leadership. We think of these weekends as in-town retreats and hope you’ll consider joining us for our next one on April 9-10, 2022.
Schedule For The Weekend
Saturday, April 9th, 4.00 – 7.30PM, John & Laura McGowan’s Home
4.00 Welcome & Introductions
4.30 – 5.45 Session 1 (RCC’s story, vision, and culture)
5.45 – 7.00 Dinner
7.00 – 7.30 Prayer
Sunday, April 10th, 9.30 – 1.00PM, Gunston Middle School
9.30 Pre-Gathering Prayer Time with band, tech team, and pastors. (Optional, but encouraged)
10.00 RCC Gathering
11.15 – 12.30 Session 2 (RCC’s leadership, doctrine, and membership covenant)
12.30 – 1.00 Q&A
Sign-Up To Join Us April 9-10th
If you’re able to join us for our next new member weekend, please complete our online registration
If you have any questions or anticipate needing childcare for any portion of the weekend, please email us at [email protected].
Conversation with Pastor/Elder
Yes, we want to get to know you and hear your story but don’t think of this as an interview! These conversations are designed to answer your questions, to establish a personal connection with one of the church’s leaders, and to talk about next steps in your spiritual formation.
RCC Membership Covenant
After your conversation with one of our pastors/elders, you will be able to decide if you’re ready to become a member of RCC by entering into our membership covenant. All of our members make the following commitments to each other:
- Attend – I commit to prioritizing corporate worship with my Restoration City Church family. (Heb. 10:25)
- Pray – I commit to praying consistently for the mission of our church and for restoration in Washington, DC. (1 Tim.2:1-2, Eph. 6:18-19)
- Connect – I commit to being an active participant in Biblical community through Restoration City Church. (1 Thess. 2:8)
- Witness – I commit to living as a missionary to Washington, DC; looking to develop relationships and share the gospel with people in my spheres of influence. (2 Cor. 5:20, 1 Peter 2:9).
- Serve – I commit to serving in at least one ministry of Restoration City Church. (Eph. 2:10, Eph 4:11-12)
- Give – I commit to supporting the work of Restoration City Church financially through regular giving. (1 Cor. 16:1-2, Malachi 3:10, 2 Cor. 8:9)
- Preserve – I commit to diligently preserving unity within the congregation of Restoration City Church. (Eph. 4:3).
- Love – I commit to loving the other members of Restoration City Church as Jesus has loved me. (John 13:34)
- Resolve – I commit to resolving conflict quickly and directly with the person involved. (Mt. 18:15-17)
To become a member of Restoration City, we require that you be a baptized follower of Jesus.